Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Two Fantabulous Paleo Recipes

Last week on The 21-Day Sugar Detox Facebook page, the authors  of the Make It Paleo cookbook posted a recipe. I love recipes so I usually take a peek at most of them, but I knew this one was special when they said they licked their plates afterwards. I'm not sure if they really did, but the next day they posted that they made the recipe again! "Ok, I am putting this on next week's menu plan for sure."

Here it is, next week already, and I made this recipe last night. It lived up to the expectations for sure. 

Garlic Ginger Chicken w/Mashed Cauliflower

It's not hard to make, so you really should make it tonight! 

You can find the recipe here.
~~~~~~~~~

Then, while perusing their website some more, I came across a recipe for crab cakes. I haven't had crab cakes in FOREVER, so I decided to give them a try. Oh my.. they didn't disappoint either. If you like the crab cakes served at most establishments that have a very noticeable presence of bread crumbs, you may not like these (and you're weird). These are all crab, baby. And all yum. I didn't have macadamia oil, so I just made Everyday Paleo's mayonnaise recipe as I like the taste.*

Crab Cake w/Homemade mayo garnish

You can find the recipe for the crab cakes here. 

Paleo doesn't have to be boring or bland. I am in awe of the recipes I have been coming across lately and feel like I am eating like a queen every night! This definitely is making The 21-Day Sugar Detox easier to handle :)

While you're at it, make sure you "like" author's page on Facebook and show them some love. They will for sure shower you with more fabulous recipes!

Happy cooking!

*I have recently found out that olive oil should never be heated and since the mayo is used in the crab cake, it eventually gets heated up. Read more about why we shouldn't heat up olive oil and should use other natural oils instead here. (Short answer: heat damages olive oil, releases free radicals, and free radicals are baaaad.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me feedback and/or comments - they are much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...