Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Functional Septorhinoplasty - Days 4 & 5

Oh boy was I wrong about being in the home stretch recovery-wise. I woke up Saturday morning (using the words "woke up" loosely as I am not sure I ever really slept) and didn't even have to look in the mirror to have an idea of the state my face was in. My eyes felt like little slits and my skin felt tight and dry. One look in the mirror confirmed my suspicions.

This is not the iPhone "fat app"  - Day 4 - morning
I managed to clean myself up a little before the picture so I could open my eyes. My face felt like it was on fire and I couldn't even get the peas cold enough. I had the bag directly on my skin - no barrier to prevent it from freezing my skin. I wanted it to freeze my skin. Even that would feel better.

To make matters worse, I was tired of the pain medication. Between that and the antibiotics I was feeling nauseous and totally out of it. The headaches would come and go and the only time I was comfortable was about 1/2 hour after taking the medication. Then it would wear off and I would count down the hour until I could take it again. I can't imagine I was taking it long enough to start having withdrawals already, but I was still freaked out about that possibility. 

I think it was on Day 4 that I attempted to bathe myself as well. Washing the body in the bath wasn't so hard, but leaning my head back into the water put strain on my neck and face and gave me a headache. I also couldn't get my hair clean enough so I think I left with greasier hair than I began with. 

Day 5 - evening
By Day 5 (Sunday), I was starting to look better and had even planned on having the family over for dinner (they were bringing me meatloaf!), but after an afternoon nap I woke up with a huge headache and I felt like I couldn't even see straight. The face still felt like I laid out in Mexico with baby oil on all day and I couldn't eat without feeling like it wanted to come back up again. I cancelled dinner and laid on the couch for the rest of the evening.

Considering I was told that days 4-5 would be the peak of the pain, I said a little prayer before I went to bed that I would wake up the next morning feeling like a new woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me feedback and/or comments - they are much appreciated!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...