Saturday, August 13, 2011

Craaaaaaaaaaaaasssssh ... Burn.

Do you ever feel like you've done a face plant into the sidewalk we call life? I sort of feel like I've been on repeat mode with that episode for about a week now. Things were going so well, I was feeling physically pretty freaking AWESOME and things were headed in the right direction. And then something happens.
Fun House mirror from the 50s?
And to make matters worse, I have NO CLUE what happened. My mood changed, I let the little things start bothering me, the mirror turned into a fun house mirror (and not the one that stretches you out and makes you look skinny) and I feel like my house is in a constant state of clutter and disarray.

How the heck do I fix this?

With my eating and exercising in order, and even my social life getting back on track post-break up (oh yea, I'm single...) you would think life would be just peachy.

Well, I'll be honest and say the only thing that I think is going wrong is on the spiritual end. I also truly believe that if you aren't right in that area and setting aside time each day to explore, learn, nurture or grow in your faith, then you are doing your entire life (and the lives around you) a disservice.

As most of you know (or should know?), I am a Bible-believing Christian and so I would generally hope to steer you in that direction. However, I am not one to throw what I believe at people and tell them they MUST live or believe that way. I prefer to lead by example. What a crappy job I am doing at that right now.

My new motto is "Breathe and let be..." from a quote that my dear friend Janice shared with me on Facebook. The quote in its entirety:

"Breathe and let be. Die to having to have anything be different in this moment; in your mind and in your heart, give yourself permission to allow this moment to be exactly as it is, and allow yourself to be exactly as you are. Then, when you're ready, move in the direction your heart tells you to go, mindfully and with resolution."  Jon Kabat-Zinn

Although not a biblical quote, it sums up quite nicely with how we are to be content. It also cautions us to be MINDFUL in the decision of going where our heart tells us to go. So many times my heart leads me in directions that get hurt, so I need to make sure to weigh each direction carefully before I set out on this new path of mine.

Because, after all, I want to be balanced... and being just physically fit is not the entire piece of the puzzle. I know a lot of people who are in great shape and yet are lacking. I'm not perfect, never will be. It's also so much more than KNOWING where you need to go, but actually taking steps to move in that direction.


1 comment:

Please leave me feedback and/or comments - they are much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...