Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday's Favorites

I'm feeling all sorts of happiness for people I know who are so creative it makes me want to get out my paintbrushes and go all artsy again. These two ladies take their passion and run with it. If I could just capture a sliver of what drives them, I will be kicking some major booty in no time. Please take a peek and show some love.

Miss Margie Ruiz
This woman is all sorts of fantastic and she has the voice to match it. Here's a little sample of her singing... but head over to iTunes and do a little search for "Margie Ruiz" and listen to the tracks from her recent release: "So This Is Love". While you're at it, check out her web page as well! I went to her CD Release Party last night and she still doesn't cease to blow me away every time I hear her sing. She truly has a God-given gift and I am so thankful she shares it with everyone! 

Miss Margie

Kristy DeVaney
You probably know by now I am a bit of a Paleo "freak" (but a good "freak", right?) and this girl has a little to do with it. She wrote a blog post a few months ago about her struggle with sugar and I might as well have written the same exact words. You see, she was CakeGrrl in every sense of what the general population considers an ordinary cake. But she ditched the flour and sugar-filled cakes and went completely pro-Paleo all the way. So what's a girl to do when the Food Network (Cupcake Wars) comes knocking on your door in response to an application you submitted months before ditching the very ingredients most of their chef's thrive on? Well, you do them your way. Here is her video submission to them. View it once or twice, write a comment, like it, share it.. just make it look really appealing to the Food Network staff. Oh, and while you're at it, wipe that scrunched up look off your face - these cupcakes taste AMAZING. You'd never know they were "different." Perhaps we can convince her to have a viewing party when her episode airs so we can all taste the fabulousness. Kristy? :)


What are some of your favorites?? Tell me.. I love inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me feedback and/or comments - they are much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...