Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Heavenly skies

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but lately the skies have had me in awe. The number of sunsets in the past few weeks that have caused my jaw to drop are numerous. I'm not sure if I am just now noticing these things, or if this wacky weather is responsible for the artwork in the sky.


Isn't that amazing?

And this is what I saw today while driving around in the afternoon. At first I didn't notice it because I was mesmerized with the cotton ball-looking clouds that glowed from the sun shining behind them. Then I noticed a break in the sheet of clouds.


My first thought was a funnel cloud and it wasn't until I watched the news later that I found out that it wasn't. The weatherman described it as a "punch hole cloud" and most believe it is caused by a jet plane passing through the cumulus clouds that are high in the sky. However it happens, it is pretty darn awesome. 

Here's a closer shot. 


There's no place like home :) 

1 comment:

  1. Hi new friend. Thanks for visiting my blog. Love that last photo - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me feedback and/or comments - they are much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...