Monday, May 10, 2010

Brag Session

I just had to do a quick brag session and say I ate really well today.

I am on a mission and I really, really (I mean REALLY) hope I don't fail this time. The weight on the scale is sinking in and it's not pretty. I keep thinking of where I was even a year ago (10 pounds lighter) and then the year before that (another 5 pounds lighter than that) and it depresses me that I do this to my body.

Unfortunately for my body (and I think most females), eating is like 75% of the equation for weight loss. If I exercise like crazy (think P90X), but still eat the same, my weight and size doesn't budge.

The goal is 5-6 small meals a day, hopefully more vegetables (a super tough thing for me) and a good balance of protein and whole carbs in each meal.

I am also so very glad I started this today. Am I the only person who weighs 5 pounds more at the doctor's office? I have no clue why I had to be weighed for an allergy testing appointment, but they did it - I could have passed out from the number I saw because it's been about 9 years since I've seen a number like that.

Maybe that's what I needed. A good scare.

On a side note: the allergy testing was successful. I had two huge welts with a ton of redness in the trees department. Start allergy shots tomorrow. I am hoping by the end of the year my symptoms will be near gone and am hoping the fatigue I feel in the afternoons goes with it. I have a theory my fatigue is related to the sinus issues I get with the allergies - the doctor isn't convinced. What does he know?

3 comments:

  1. Gosh darn that doctors' office scale. I hates it. At least 5 lbs heavier, every time. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. I kind of LOVE the fact that my doctor doesn't weigh me. It's so, um, like a small town Dr's office. He sits at a desk, I walk in, tell him why I am there. He does a few checks on me pertainting to my symptoms and that's it! Well, of course he diagnoses me if I need him to, but there is no weight or blood pressure taken....

    Speaking of weight, I should probably see how much I've packed on LOL. I will probably have the same amount as you to lose once this kid decides to make an appearance!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scale at my dr's office (Kaiser!) is DEFINITELY 5lbs heavy.
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me feedback and/or comments - they are much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...