Monday, December 6, 2010

Failed Goals

I am not sure where my motivation comes from sometimes. I have moments in my life where I am gung-ho, get 'er done, nothing is getting in my way. Then there are other times that I am only that way for a couple of days and think "eh, not right now."

Lately it's been more "eh" than "get 'er done."

Most of my best intentions have been in the eating and exercising category. I have been racking my brain to figure out what exactly has made the difference in doing it and failing at it. There has only been one or maybe two that I can come up with.

UNO: I'm riding solo and am not really going out and hanging with friends, boys or having much of a social life. Without having much else to do, I am great at coming home from work, working out and making dinner... and then going to bed early before I have a chance to get the munchies. A social life definitely gets in the way. When you sometimes aren't off work until 530 and then you go workout, the last thing you want to do is shower and get ready all over again to go hang out with someone - it's much easier to skip the workout and just do the fun stuff.

DOS: This one isn't as obvious so I am not sure if it's a reason, but the past couple of years the fatigue bug has totally hit me in the afternoon. I think part of it was from chronic sinus issues causes from my allergies. The allergy shots are still in progress, but the headaches/fatigue from the sinus problems always seem to rear their ugly head when I least want them.

Of course, numero uno is the biggest reason - and along the same lines - just having a schedule in my day to work out. My start time at work fluctuates from 7am to 930am so I can't always plan on a certain time of day to workout.

Can you sense my frustration?

Does anyone else have this problem?

And without giving away a ton of details, today is day 1. Completed and done well.

I am just tired of having so many day 1's - let's get 'er done!

1 comment:

  1. I have the same problem. I think I do better when I have a goal in mind (i.e. race, or trying to swim a mile without stopping--like now). When it's just exercise for health, I suck. I'm also better when I don't force a certain schedule. I do best when I say "I'll run three times this week" or whatever. Anyway, no great advice. Just wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me feedback and/or comments - they are much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...