Monday, March 22, 2010

Going Green

I'm making up for lost time apparently!

Fellow blogger Heather recently posted about her morning Green Monster smoothies. These smoothies have all sorts of wonderful tasting ingredients in them and then there is..... spinach. Hence the color that made her students wonder what the heck she was drinking each morning... and WHY. I have juiced some spinach before and can agree, that although it makes the drink look hideous, you really canNOT taste the spinach at all!

Tonight my dinner is a protein smoothie and although simpler than Heather's, still very tasty. Sometimes I add peanut butter - tonight I opted to go without:

1 cup non-fat organic milk
1 banana
1 scoop of chocolate flavored whey protein powder
1 very healthy handful of spinach

And here it is:


Not so scary green in the pic, but trust me - it's a little more slimy looking in person.

And guess what.. you'd never guess there was spinach in there at all - you have to trust me!

I dare you to give it a try - and if you need a pick-me-up, Heather suggested adding instant coffee granules. Be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me feedback and/or comments - they are much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...