Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Missions... ACCOMPLISHED!

I am a list maker. I think that is something I've taken from my mom. Not only does it feel good to check stuff off as you go and see all you have accomplished, but I tend to forget things I wanted to do. Not sure if it's a convenient I-didn't-really-want-to-do-it sort of thing or I really just get off-track in doing something else and forget all about the million other things I wanted to get done.

Well, today was a list day.

 

And as you can see, I got most of it done. Hey now, I still have a few hours left... 

The bathroom was started and I think I actually may have gotten the brown-gray color right the first time, but I'm still not 100% sure. Sometimes I walk in to look at the spot I painted and think it looks dark purple - ewww. I'll give it time before I decide. I think I'll post a picture tomorrow to get all of your opinions. So, the work on the bathroom gave me my personal goal point for the Wellness Challenge!

As for day #2 of the challenge - MUCH better than day #1. I did start to get a slight headache at some point but thankfully it disappeared. Once I eat dinner (which I have to do soon since it's almost 8!), I will only need to read from a spiritual text (I'm reading a daily devotional) and do 15 more minutes of exercise (ran with the pooch for a whole 25 minutes this morning, plus another 5 minute cool-down walk) and I'll be good for the day! 

Tomorrow is another story: It's day #1 of the 3-day detox I am doing. I bought out practically the whole produce section at Nugget today.. see?


I also got some gluten-free oats for breakfast (cooked in plain soy milk), beans (which are currently soaking so I can cook them tomorrow), quinoa (I ran out!) and some free range chicken. I don't have a juicer and Naked had their "Green Machine" on sale, so that will be another way I'll get plenty of nutrients from fruits and vegetables as well. I do have to admit I was a bit depressed at how bland everything was going to be, but I thankfully ran into two great Nugget Market employees while searching for some epsom salts to take baths in (suppose to help with removing the toxins from your body) and they were super excited for me to be doing this. I don't know why I didn't think about it, but I can cook my chicken WITH the cilantro, shallots, lemons and garlic I bought for the "soup" I was making. DUH! So I left with a smile on my face and I am so ready for this. 

Oh, here's the "soup." 

 

It doesn't smell bad at all. Actually smells quite good with the leeks, garlic, ginger and cilantro. I am sure it will taste bland as there is absolutely no salt in it, but I think the point is to reset my taste buds - it's amazing how much salt has to be put into foods nowadays for us to even taste it!

And to top off the night, I am going to enjoy my lavender salt bath to help my tired muscles. Hey now, that 25 minute jog was the most I've done in at least 2 months. Give a girl a break! 


2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that today was better than yesterday! I am jealous! I dont think I will be able to do the detox. I wonder if I can do it next week? I will ahve to make time to get everything...either way...good job! I am proud of you! So how do I follow your journal? I clicked on you but didnt see the button that said follow. I somehow ended up following myself. I'm a dork. ha!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me feedback and/or comments - they are much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...