Monday, February 1, 2010

Listen all y'all... it's a sabotage!

That particular Beastie Boys song is ripping through my head.

This day cannot get over soon enough and it has nothing to do with the Wellness Challenge. Or maybe everything to do with it.

I have a splitting headache. The kind that feels like there is a man inside your head with a sledgehammer and he is repeatedly banging it away on your frontal bone.... duh, that's forehead to you non-xray folks. I thought maybe it was attributed to the fact that I was slammed this morning and didn't eat anything for almost 5 hours (still a possibility), but then I realized a pattern.

My body knows what I'm doing to it and it's not going down without a fight.

You see, anytime I've set a time to start eating better I always feel horrible the first day. But really, nothing has changed. This morning I had a typical breakfast (Kashi Go Lean cereal) and for lunch I had a turkey sandwich, apples and peanut butter planned. See? Normal for me and more importantly, good for me.

But here I am, trying to figure out how I am going to fit into the rest of the things I need to do by the end of the day to get my 10 points total.  I'm gonna say it again. My head really flippin' hurts.

For those who didn't read the Wellness Challenge, here is where I earn points on a daily basis.

  1. Drink 48 ounces of water (already almost there for the day)
  2. 45 minutes of exercise (seeming near-impossible with this headache)
  3. Consume 2 servings of fruit and 2 of vegetable (only 1 fruit down so far - ugh)
  4. No soda or alcohol (not an issue although a Diet Coke would probably help this headache!)
  5. No sweets (head hurts too bad to even think about eating anything)
  6. No eating after 8pm (I wish I was there already - want to go to bed!)
  7. Read 15 minutes of a spiritual or uplifting text (uhh.. I'm seeing double, how's that going to happen?)
  8. Write in your journal (doing it right now)
  9. Express specific appreciation, love or praise to another person (done and done)
  10. Personal goal - this week I am tackling my bathroom. I bought spackle, paint for the mirror, paintbrush and paint tape at Walmart today (done!)
Don't know how I am going to do it, but somehow I have to get in 1 more fruit and 2 veggies (extra veggies on a sandwich, perhaps?), read and workout to finish the day off right.

And I just want to curl up in bed.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me feedback and/or comments - they are much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...