Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Detox Day #1 Mid-day Update

Ugh... I'm hungry.

It's 2:30pm and I am just now feeling the hunger pains. I think the oatmeal held me over for a bit longer than I thought it would. I didn't have enough time last night to cook any chicken, beans or quinoa to have for lunch today, so I was planning on just the "soup" concoction I had made.

This is where you can laugh at me.

I thought it would be enough substance since it's a ton of vegetables. Well, after heating it up and taking a few bites, I think to myself "They can't possibly think I am able to chew through all of this, do they!?" The thought had occured to me yesterday that maybe I was just suppose to drink the broth, but I figured that couldn't be right either. So there I am, munching away on mustard greens, kale, shitake mushrooms, brussel sprouts and the rest of the garden and not until that point did I think maybe I should do some more research.

Google search is my best friend.

"Dr. Mao's Detox help"

Where I found a lady who posted his detox on her page and clearly said:

"Sip a detox tea or broth: Dr. Mao has created a few simple recipes for a detox tonics that can be sipped throughout the day. These liquids are loaded with tons of colorful veggies and can keep for a few days in your fridge."

OMG!

So basically I am subsisting on Naked Juice "Green Machine", green tea, water and the yucky broth for the middle portion of my day and I'm not a happy camper. I feel the need to chew something. I have never looked forward to bland chicken and beans for dinner so much in my entire life.

Dinnertime cannot come fast enough. *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I am so sorry..I never got back to you about the broth. I should have made my way over! Either way...good job, lady! Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me feedback and/or comments - they are much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...