Sunday, January 31, 2010

The night before...

.... the Wellness Challenge starts!

I've been a bit MIA on the blog this weekend, but for good reasons. I got to hang out with a bunch of my sorority sisters from my partying days in college last night -  it was good to see all of them. I think most of them I hadn't seen for over 10 years - wow! It's amazing how much you don't really change once you get out of your teen years :) Someone pulled out some old pics from those days and, well, not so pretty. Why didn't someone tell me that the ankle length flower dress was just not cute?

But back to reality - Wellness Challenge. This weekend has been full of enjoying every last bit of all the things I am not letting myself eat for awhile. Yes, I know, balance. The point of balance will come. But for right now I need to kind of let my body forget what those foods are like - to come to a point where when I have them it's really a special time and I should savor them. You know, not inhale them to the point where I am not sure I am even tasting what I am putting in my mouth.

So for now, so long breakfast burritos from work (which I am sure are laced with crack), goodbye chocolate milk, farewell brownies, cookies, mini candy bars. I will miss you. But hopefully I'll make a good effort at forgetting you.

Oh yea, detox is not starting tomorrow. I did not have the energy after working this weekend to go to my local Nugget and try to find every green vegetable known to man to make up what I was going to survive on this week. I also felt it was important to not set myself up for failure. So, detox will start Wednesday and I will do it until Friday. Not only will that give me two days of healthy eating to prepare, but 3 days seems more achievable than 5 at this point... and we do want me to achieve, right?? We'll work up to 5!

Wish me luck. Or better yet, please pray for me. I want big things to happen... not just with eating or exercising, but overall. This is something I definitely need to surrender to God. With Him, all things are possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me feedback and/or comments - they are much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...