Monday, February 8, 2010

Disappointing Disappointments!

I've dealt with my share of disappointments and I am sure I am not alone. I tend to be one of those people who has high expectations in a lot of situations, so I think I set myself up for more than my fair share of let-downs. It's my own fault, I know. But it just goes to show that you can't put your entire faith into humankind to make you happy. Not only will others let us down, but we will let our own selves down. It's in those times we have to brush our booties off, get back up and move on.

The only difference between someone else letting me down and letting myelf down, is I have control over my actions. I can change what I am doing to prevent a result that I'll be unhappy with later.

Oh, it sounds so simple.

Week one of the Wellness Challenge has ended and I've moved on to week two. Let me tell ya, I have high expectations of this challenge and really, that means I have high expectations of myself and what I can accomplish. I did a detox in week one that I never thought I could do. If anything, it was more of a confidence booster for myself than a detox. I managed to stay away from fast food and all my favorite sugary stuff the whole week (not the most difficult, but there were plenty of opportunities to cheat!). I also read daily out of a couple Christian books and found a way to share with 6 people that I loved them or appreciated them in some small way. Even if I hadn't lost weight, I still accomplished a lot on the road to being "well."

There might be obstacles put in the road that others have set up, but I still am ultimately in control of my wellness. The only other being I can rely on that I know will not let me down is God. My faith in Him is the pillar of my being. Without Him, I seriously wouldn't be where I am today or accomplished what I've already done. So why not rely on Him on this path to really treating my body like it's a temple?

He will not disappoint. He never does.

Now let's see if He'll help me through Jillian's "30 Day Shred" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me feedback and/or comments - they are much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...