Sunday, February 7, 2010

Game Day!

Superbowl only really means two things to me: great food and hanging out with all the other ladies who don't care at all about the actual game. Yes, I'll be one of the ones going "Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!" to the boys during the commercials or looking to see if my randomly drawn numbers match up to any of the scores at the end of each quarter. Heck, the fact that I know the game is in quarters and not halves is pretty darn amazing. I can even tell you how many points a touchdown or field goal gets you, but that's where it ends. After who knows how many year watching this game, this might be the years I understand what 1st and 10 means. Yea right.

So who I am rooting for? Well, I did my research and analyzed all the evidence very, very carefully and I have selected the New Orleans Saints. Why? Well, first and foremost, Drew Brees is way better looking than Peyton Manning. Second, New Orleans needs something to celebrate. But mostly the former. *sigh*

In celebration of my one day a week where I can eat what I wanna, I made homemade pico de gallo and guacamole (courtesy, yet again, of The Pioneer Woman). Nothing beats homemade guacamole. Nothing. If you try to substitute store bought, well, I'm not your friend.


Nothing about guacamole is bad for you in moderate quantities, but it's those nice salty tortilla chips I am looking forward to the most. If you haven't tried them, R.W. Garcia makes a great all natural, gluten free tortilla chip with a spectacular crunch and just enough thickness so you can get a generous helping of the guac.

Even though this day is going to be filled with food that I have been looking forward to all week, I am going to eat in moderation. Week one of the Wellness Challenge has been a success and I am looking forward to the next 11. I am sure I've dropped a few pounds, although some were probably due to the detox I did. We're going to count them anyway and not be disappointed if 1-2 comes back. I managed to do a short run 3 days this week and my other exercise consisted of walking the dog. All in all, it was a good week, I am on track to earn all 70 points, and I can't wait to catch up with my other friends in person this week to talk about how we're all doing.

This week's personal goal is going to be a tough one for me, but I need to step it up in the exercise department. Even though walking is exercise, I can't help but feel like I'm cheating! So for the next week, I am committed to doing an exercise video once a day. I have two I really like: Jillian Michael's "30 Day Shred" which will kick anyone's butt and Kathy Smith's Pilates videos.

As for last week's personal goal of working on my bathroom each day, I got pretty far. Everything is ripped out and, of course, it turned into a bigger project than I had planned. I am hoping to buy the large cans of paint today and possibly get the ceiling painted tonight. Maybe, just, maybe, by the end of the week most of it will be finished.

Here's to a new week! God Bless everyone!

1 comment:

Please leave me feedback and/or comments - they are much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...