Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lazy Liquid Meal

It's one of those days. I don't get home from work until 6:15pm and my feet hurt, my head hurts and I don't have anything planned for dinner. I seriously didn't feel like cooking and I've already been pre-Wellness Challenge splurging on eating out.. what to do, what to do.

I found a sweet potato and since I wasn't so hungry I figured it would do. While that thing was being zapped in the microwave I remembered the bananas I had bought awhile ago.

I'm not sure I am alone in this, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was: I feel bananas have at most a 2-day period that they are ok to eat by themselves. That 2-day period is somewhere between totally green and before they are completely yellow. Think yellow with a little bit of green and absolutely NO brown. Once they get some brown on them, they are only good for one thing: smoothies. Once they get more brown, you must wait until they are super brown and then throw them in the freezer bag with the rest of the rotted looking bananas. Once you have four of those, you make banana bread (which I think I have enoughnow, so I'll have to show you how gross they look when you take them out - they seriously make the best banana bread!).

Here you have:
(top) good eating bananas
(middle) good smoothie bananas
(bottom) good banana bread bananas

 

Yea, screw the sweet potato, I'm making a smoothie! 
I used my lovely, slightly brown banana, a scoop of all natural peanut butter, Jillian's chocolate whey protein powder and a cup of organic, non-fat milk. 


And then I guzzled the almost two cupfuls that it makes. Yum!


My best guesstimate (don't you love that word?) is 450 calories, 31 grams of protein and 17 grams of fat. Not bad if you only have one cup of it (1/2 of those amounts), but still good for a meal replacement if you decide to drink the whole darn thing like I did. Yes, lots of fat, but it's mostly good fat people! Get over it!

1 comment:

  1. I like my bananas to be completely yellow with just a couple freckles. They're sweet enough but not mushy. The ones with green on them make my mouth really dry. And! We use the same peanut butter :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me feedback and/or comments - they are much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...