Friday, December 30, 2011

Functional Septorhinoplasty - 1 Month

The nose is getting better, all the stitches finally dissolved (ok, I kind of kept playing with some until I could pull them out) and I am sleeping a little better. I'm still not sure if I am breathing better during portions of the night or if I am getting better at sleeping with my mouth open. I am kind of afraid it's the latter - I mean, mouth breathers (and snorers) exist in this world so it must be able to work at some point without waking you up every hour. However, I am kind of afraid of turning INTO a mouth breather. Sometimes I wake up and find it's hanging open and when I close my mouth I can breathe just fine and I think "No!!!!" - how attractive that must be. I'll reserve that as something to be ok for guys to do, along with the fact that they can look distinguished with gray hair and wrinkles. Grrr...

Anyhow, it looks like the swelling is going down, although it looks a little more swollen after exercise and in the morning. The different shaped and sized nostrils might slightly be evening out and the incision line is slowly disappearing. You can tell the tip of the nose is still somewhat swollen because it's rounder, but that's about it. Overall, it looks pretty much the same. Now just to wait and see if I can actually breathe better.

Pre-op and 1 month post-op
The worst part? I cannot believe I have to return to work next Wednesday :( I have gotten much too accustomed to doing whatever pleases me and sleeping in until whenever I want. Other than working out, there hasn't been much discipline the past month.

But hooray for timing. The New Year is upon us!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me feedback and/or comments - they are much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...