Saturday, February 13, 2010

Random Thoughts

1) Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. If you didn't know that and you have a significant other, then you are in big trouble. As for myself, I am a single lady who is ok being single on Valentine's Day. I think it might be a bit easier for me because I have probably only had about 1.5 Valentine's Days that was spent with someone I was dating. The other 30.5 years I've only known what I know this year. However, it's not really just another day - I think people who say that are hiding something. It would be nice to have someone of the opposite sex to direct a bunch of gooshy Valentine's Day love towards, but instead I'll be sharing gushy auntie love with my niece Emma. We're gonna make heart-shaped sugar cookies and probably color in the princess coloring book. Heck, sounds good to me.

2) I don't want to get old. I deal with elderly patients on a daily basis at work and it's not uncommon for me to have to deal with violent or very uncooperative ones. Yes, usually it's because they are sick that they act the way they do, but beyond frustrating me a lot, it makes me sad. How sad to get to a point where you are such a different person than you once were. I picture some of these little old ladies (some who have taken some left hooks at me) as the just the sweetest little grandmas during their better times. I just don't want to end up like that and I don't know the way to prevent it. I think that is what bothers me the most.

3) It's technically the end of week 2 of the Wellness Challenge as tomorrow is considered a holiday, and therefore, a free day. I went from perfect score in week 1 to minus a couple of points in week 2. You guessed it... it was in the area of a specific act of praise, appreciation or love that I've already talked about. I like to think it's flowing out of me so naturally that I am missing it. I also think when I try to make it "specific" I feel like I am being hokey or fake. I tell ya, that area of the challenge is going to be my demise if I can't get it sorted out soon in my head.

It's late. I'm tired. Work beckons me tomorrow.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Please leave me feedback and/or comments - they are much appreciated!

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...