Friday, February 5, 2010

Frustration Meter - High

Today wasn't a horrible day, but not a good one either. I think the "detox" has me in a irritable mood. Doing mammograms today at work didn't help either. Seriously, I don't do well with a job where most people just complain. No wonder I high-tailed it out of the customer service department at The Sacramento Bee as fast as I could way back in the early days of college. The thought of one more person's life ruined because their newspaper didn't hit their front porch was almost more than I could bear.

Funny thing is, attitude IS everything. But learning to have a good attitude in the face of adversity is difficult - something else I hope to figure out as the months progress in this year called twenty-ten.

Wrapping up this day and the detox, I've come to a few conclusions:
  1. I'd rather just starve than eat bland chicken and beans again. My dinner consisted of a few bites of beans and I was over it. Now it's 8:11pm and that means I am done for the day and will just have to wait until morning. Make it come quick - this body needs some real food. 
  2. I think I'd miss salt over sugar any day. Don't quote me on that, but what I'd do for a salty chip, taco or just some salt on my beans tonight. 
  3. It's best to not attempt to train the pup when you are irritable. Poor thing. 
  4. That dishes in the sink are more irritating when you're already irritated about other things.
So here's to the weekend. Here's to normal food. Here's to my blood pressure returning to normal.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I hate to laugh at your exspense but that was some funny stuff! I know what you mean with the salt thing. Its so weird...not as huge a craving for sweets like I thought. Kinda weird. Anyway...we should go for a walk some day. I am trying to do 3-4 intense work outs a week and the others, low key so that I dont burn myself out.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me feedback and/or comments - they are much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...