Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Quickie Paleo Recipe

But heck, it's really a NORMAL food that happens to be Paleo.

I've never made homemade pesto before, but I can't say that anymore.

It's amazing.. try it. Over chicken is fabulous, but the possibilities are endless.

Basil Walnut Pesto
1 cup walnut halves and pieces
6 garlic cloves
1 cup olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
4 oz basil (about 3.5 cups)
Juice from half a lemon

In a food processor combine walnuts through sea salt until smooth. Add basil and lemon juice and process again until smooth. Spoon over chicken, fish.. whatever!

1 comment:

  1. I just made my first pesto of the year too! Basil was the only thing that I could harvest in my garden this far. I love it. Nothing tastes more like summer. I've been trying to think up ways to use mine all week. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me feedback and/or comments - they are much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...