Thursday, February 11, 2010

So much done, but possibly still a point lost!

It's been a long day and I've been going since I woke up at 6am! However, I've realized since getting Baylie the pup that I don't really take as many naps as I once did. I am not sure if it's because I have less opportunity to do so, or that I never let myself wind down enough on the couch when I get home (because she gets an immediate walk) or if because of a stretch of no naps, I am sleeping better at night. I really just do not know and probably never will! However, it is probably a good thing as I am getting more done and obviously moving my butt rather than keeping it stationary for an hour.

So what have I accomplished in my napless day today (wow, that sounds more like a good hair day than a nap-free day!)? The dog got her walk, I got a home-cooked dinner of leftover chicken made into a sandwich with spinach and mozzerella and cooked up panini-style on the stove, and I put the last coat on the ceiling (yes, JUST the ceiling!) in the bathroom.

I also tried a new juice concoction since I made a grocery store trip today. Today's venture included:

3 oranges
3 carrots
Many handfuls of spinach
1 banana
Brussel Sprouts (had them for the detox - so over them!)

Here is what it looked like, although my picture doesn't capture the entire essence of the orange-y green mixture: 

 

Notes to self for next time:
  • No brussel sprouts. Although not a strong flavor, it is there and I didn't really love it.
  • Not sure about using bananas again.. I swear I put that sucker in the chute and it all just went into the waste bin - didn't see a single drop of juice come out. Which leads me to wonder, do bananas have juice?
Overall: B

As for the Wellness Challenge itself, I've lost my first point :(

Out of the 10 things I must do at least 6 days a week, can you guess which one is giving me the hardest time?

It's not what you'd think.

I am having a heck of a time doing a specific act of praise, appreciation or love for someone. Maybe I'm thinking too hard or trying to make it too specific? In the past I've written notes, shot off an email, or told someone I've appreciated something they've done for me. It shouldn't be this hard, should it? Can someone give me ideas or tell me if I am thinking too hard about it? I mean, does telling a 10 year old patient that he totally rocked today during his exam because he made me sticking him with a needle a piece of cake a form of praise? Or thanking a co-worker for helping me with an exam.. is that a specific act of appreciation? I'm thinking they might be, but I just don't know... let me know your thoughts people. I need my point!

For now I am off to bed - all other points accounted for - even day #4 of a workout video. My butt is feeling that one.

2 comments:

  1. I think telling a coworker 'thank you' definitely counts as long as it's genuine. Even just saying 'hey good job' is an act of praise. You're probably doing more than you think each day.

    Oh, and no, I don't think bananas have juice. Hence the banana dry-mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine is a huge juicer gal...and she told me Not to use bananas in the juicer...only the blender!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me feedback and/or comments - they are much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...