Thursday, January 21, 2010

Gluten-free Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache

*droooooooool*

It was a friends birthday on Tuesday and since her and the rest of the girls are coming over tonight for our bible study, I thought I'd surprise her with a little treat. Yes, I know... here I go with eating when I am NOT supposed to be focusing on food. Well, I find joy in baking and cooking. I can't NOT do it, so if I am going to do it, I will do it properly. Non-processed, organic, real sugars and hopefully gluten-free whenever I can help it.

I looked around online for a gluten-free recipe and found one that basically just used an all natural, gluten-free mix and added a few ingredients. I drove off to my local Nugget supermarket and found my own mix. The only substitution/change I made was organic, no sugar added applesauce in place of the oil. The "frosting" is just heavy cream brought just to a boil, remove it from the heat and stir in chunks of quality dark chocolate until melted. Wait for the cream/chocolate mixture to cool just enough to be thicker and pour onto the cooled cupcakes. Waaaa-laaa!

Don't they look heavenly?



*Baker's note: Next time don't use 70% chocolate for the ganache.. I LOVE dark chocolate, but it's a little too strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me feedback and/or comments - they are much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...