Saturday, March 30, 2013

Proscuitto-Wrapped Chicken with Garlic and Rosemary

Although this seems like such a simple recipe to me, I know some people out there need some instructions. I get that. Most people I know would find it hard to believe that at one time I had no clue what I was doing in the kitchen. If I had a recipe to follow, I followed it to the "t" and hoped that it came out. Sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't. But I always carefully measured and always, ALWAYS followed the directions exactly as written.

But with trial and error and some new-found confidence, I have started experimenting. People tell me all the time that they can't cook and I tell them it just takes practice - like anything else. I think because our society has so much readily available food, it has made us lazy in the cooking area. So if you really want to learn how to cook, just pick up a cookbook and start cooking! It won't always look good, it won't always taste good, but you can't get better at something if you don't keep trying.

This is one of those recipes that looks like it took a lot of effort, but takes barely any at all.

Proscuitto-wrapped Chicken with Garlic and Rosemary

8 chicken thighs (I bought them bone-in, skin on and removed the skin, but you could buy boneless. I just feel the bone keeps the meat more moist)
8 pieces of proscuitto
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
Fresh rosemary, about 1 tbsp finely minced and 8 small sprigs
4 tbsp butter (from grassfed cows if possible)
salt & pepper

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter with the garlic and minced rosemary. Baste each thigh with this mixture and salt & pepper to taste. Place one sprig of rosemary on each thigh and wrap the entire thing in proscuitto, with the ends meeting underneath. Place the thighs on a baking sheet and cook for about 30-40 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.

I served it with a side of sauteed dandelion greens and cauliflower mash. If you don't know how to make the perfect cauliflower mash and yours always comes out soupy, that recipe will be down the road!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me feedback and/or comments - they are much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...