Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Fudgy Paleo Brownies (grain-free, date-sweetened)

Oh how I love dates. Before Paleo I don't think I had ever had one - they aren't very appetizing looking, but boy oh boy have they made making desserts awesome. I consider them along the lines of using honey or maple syrup, as all are better sugar options than cane sugar (in my opinion). BUT, they are STILL sugar! You can over-do these just as easily as you can cane-sugar and flour-filled brownies and I happen to think these taste better. So for a treat, go for it!

This recipe was only slightly changed from a recipe on Elana's Pantry.


Fudgy Date-Sweetened Paleo Brownies

2 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
6 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
14 Medjool dates, pits removed
6 large eggs
1 cup coconut oil, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a food processor, pulse together almond flour, salt and baking soda. Add in the dark chocolate and then the dates. BE CAREFUL! My food processor went a rockin' and a rollin' with the addition of these two! Add in the eggs and coconut oil and process until everything is well incorporated. Transfer to a 8x8" baking dish and smooth the top with a spatula as the mixture will be very thick.

Bake for about 20-25 minutes - if you want super fudgy, take out when the center still comes out a little moist when you check with a toothpick - this is the way I prefer them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me feedback and/or comments - they are much appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...